Thursday, March 31, 2011

Opening Day!!!

I have said that my 2nd favorite day of the year is opening day. I have also said that my favorite day of the year was when Duke wins the National Championship. Sure it's a terrible joke, but today is going to be beautiful. Last year's opening day was marked by some great performances.

Albert Pujols hit 2 homers against the Reds, and everybody thought, "Here goes Albert again." What did Pujols do the rest of the season? Not much, just almost won a triple crown and would have won an MVP if it weren't for that Votto guy.

But Pirates stud Garrett Jones also hit two home runs, and then a few more in the following week. Needless to say, Jones was not an MVP or triple crown candidate the rest of the year. Jones wasn't even close.

So with opening day here, let's remember to enjoy the game, let the players play, and get pumped for a fantastic baseball season.

The game to watch today is going to be Cincy and Milwaukee. If you read my season preview, I picked the Brew Crew to finish first and the Reds to finish behind them. The Reds success will certainly be predicated on their starting pitching, so I am looking at Volquez's performance very closely today to see how he looks, especially against one of the best left-handed hitters in the league; The Prince.

Time to get back to class, but follow me on twitter @TheKnurve as I'll be tweeting thoughts on games throughout the day.

Happy Baseball!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment